Frequently asked questions
Prints in General
Street Art 101
- Do you ship to my country?
If you receive mail at your address then we can ship to you. It is a small world after all.
- What are your International Shipping rates?
Attention: We have had to raise our shipping rates due to UPS and USPS rate hikes.
Shipping rates are based on the total amount of the order. For example, a $45 screen print will cost about $46.00 to most international addresses.
**Please note: Additional payment of duties and taxes will be required by your country upon delivery**
Canadian shipping charge for a $45 print will be about $41.00 .
- Why is UPS charging me for shipping when I already paid?
IMPORTANT TO INTERNATIONAL ORDERS – ADDITIONAL CUSTOM CHARGES: The shipping charges that are incorporated into your bill automatically from our shopping cart, and reflected in your invoice from us, are for the actual shipping of the item into your country only. Please be aware that each country has its own “Import Duty”, “VAT”, and UPS Brokerage fee. You may want to check with your local UPS office or Customs office to find out just what these charges may be. Also please be aware, we have heard that in some countries UPS is requiring you pay with cash upon delivery. We cannot, of course, assume any responsibility for these extra charges that may be incurred in your country, and therefore these additional charges are your own responsibility. Please note: UPS only makes 3 delivery attempts and in most cases will not leave your package without a payment. You must have the item shipped to an address where you will be present to receive the package and pay the fees.
Time in transit is longer for international shipments than domestic shipments. Please allow up to 10 business days for delivery.
Duties and taxes will be charged at the time of delivery along with a sur-charge from UPS. We will not refund your order if you refuse to pay the fees to accept your package from UPS. If you do not accept your package from UPS it will not be returned to Obey and may be abandoned by UPS.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Can you send me a particular number?
Due to the high number of orders that we process during print releases we can not accept print number requests, including AP requests. All customers will be served equally and prints will be dispersed in numerical sequence.
- What forms of payment do you take?
At this time we only accept payment from Paypal. You will need to set up your Paypal account prior to purchasing a print during a print release or the print will most likely sell out before you complete your order.
- I was lucky enough to purchase both prints. Can you send matching numbers and ship in one tube?
Yes, we ship matching numbers to all customers who purchase a print set, we ship your prints together in one tube and we refund a portion of your shipping charge if you happen to purchase them separately.
- How long will it take to receive a refund?
Please allow up to 48 business hours for refunds to process. The OBEY GIANT Orders Dept is not open on Saturdays and Sundays. If you are suspected of flipping your print on Ebay you will be refunded and it can take up to a week to process.
- I accidentally submitted my order twice. Can you refund my second order?
For Screen Print releases we automatically refund orders of 2 or more prints due to our “1 per customer/household limit” – No questions asked, No exceptions. To avoid this in the future, do not hit the submit button more than once even though it looks like the first submit didn’t take.
- I am having trouble processing my order? Did my order go through?
Recently, we have been experiencing a high volume of traffic to our website during print releases. We have been taking measures to help prevent our website from crashing. If you experience order troubles during a print release there are a few things that can help:
1. Please refrain from submitting your order multiple times as this overwhelms the check out process and causes the website to crash and orders to be lost.
2. Adding the product to your cart DOES NOT guarantee your purchase. After logging in to PayPal, you will return to the Store to verify your order, it is here where our inventory is checked. If you are given an “UNAVAILABLE” response, the product has been or is in the process of being sold out and is no longer available.
3. If your order was processed you will receive an email from PAYPAL confirming payment. You can verify your payment through your PAYPAL Account. Shipping of your order will be indicated through a Shipping Notification email with your shipments tracking information. ALL ORDERS ARE SUBJECT TO REFUNDS BASED ON AVAILABILITY AND OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS.
- Where do I go to buy the prints that are being released?
All prints that you see previewed on the homepage will be available for purchase in the “PRINTS” section of the OBEY Store(unless otherwise noted). HINT: You may want to go to that page early and keep refreshing the page until the print appears.
- When are New Prints released?
Prints are released at a Random (undisclosed) Time (PST) unless otherwise indicated on the OBEY GIANT Homepage in the Preview section. Typically prints are released between 10am and Noon PST but exact release times may vary.
- Why was I refunded?
Submitting your Payment Information onto PAYPAL only confirms your payment information it DOES NOT CONFIRM YOUR ORDER. We reserve the right, at any time after receipt of your order, to accept or decline your order for any reason. We reserve the right, at any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. We may need to verify any information you provide before we accept an order. Item availability and prices of all products sold at the obeygiant.com site are subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to limit quantities on certain items.
FINAL CONFIRMATION OF PURCHASE is processed through our Shopping Cart after you have submitted your information to PAYPAL. At that time your item(s) will be checked against our inventory and confirmation of your order will be verified.
- I had a print in my cart but I only got an error message then I tried again and the print was sold out!
Adding an item to your Shopping Cart does NOT guarantee or reserve an item for you. The faster you check out the better your chances of completing you order! Good Luck!
- Why can’t I buy more than one print?
All Edition prints (numbered Screen prints and Offsets) are limited to 1 per Person and/or Household. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Prints in General
- What is your return policy?
The following is for domestic orders only. (International orders, please send an email to email@example.com)
If it is within 14 days from the date you received your package and you are not happy with the item you can return it to us for a replacement.
Please send the item back to us at the following address:
Obey Giant Art
1331 W. Sunset Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
Be sure to include a copy of your order confirmation email to expedite processing of your request. After we receive your returned item we will then ship your replacement
- How to unwrap prints
Our prints are rolled in kraft paper which is taped shut with a very sticky tape. DO NOT attempt to tear the tape from the kraft paper. You may accidentally damage the print by doing so. The only safe way to open your print is to use a utility knife or an exacto knife and slice the tape open. Please be careful and always cut away from, not towards, yourself!
- Signature policy
We do not sign any items that were not purchased directly from us within the last year. If you do not have an invoice from Obey Giant Art or your invoice is older than 1 year please do not contact us. A signature service may be available to you in the future. Please check back with us at a later date.
- My print is damaged!!! What do I do?
If the box or tube that your item was shipped in is noticeably damaged please call UPS at 1-800-PICK-UPS and file a damage claim immediately. You can also file a damage claim online at www.ups.com. Once the claim is approved we will send you a replacement. The process usually takes about a week from the date you initiated your claim with UPS. If your order was shipped via USPS or internationally please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe the damage to your item was caused by Obey Giant you must contact us within 14 days from the date you received the item. We are not responsible for items arriving damaged after the initial 14 days of receipt.
- Can I buy prints from the archive page?
Unfortunately not, these prints are sold out and no longer available. For available prints see the “Prints” page of our Store.
- Can you tell me if the print I ordered will be signed?
All prints and books available on our website are signed unless otherwise described.
- What are the prices of your screen prints?
18×24 inch Screen Prints are typically $45 each (plus shipping & handling). For special releases or collaborations prices will vary.
- What are the dimensions of your prints?
Screen prints are typically 18×24 inches in size unless otherwise described. Offset prints are typically 24×36 inches in size unless otherwise described.
- My package was returned to you. What now?
If your package is undeliverable for any reason it will be returned to OBEY GIANT. At that time you will be contacted by the Orders Department. Your package will not be held for more than 90 days so please contact us within that time to ensure your order is still here.
- Where is my order?
Once a label has been created for your package an email is sent to you from UPS or USPS with instructions for tracking your package. Please check your junk email folder if you have not received an email.
You are responsible to make sure you receive your order. If it has been three weeks since you placed your order and you still have not received it please contact us immediately by sending an email to: email@example.com. Please provide your Order ID Number and the name as it appears on the order to expedite our reply to you.
If your package was returned to us we will make 2 attempts to contact you via the email address on your order. If you do not respond to our emails, and it has been more than 120 days from our first attempt, your package may be destroyed due to lack of storage.
- Can you ship my order to another address?
If you already placed your order but wish to change the address you may request an address change. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Address Change Request” in the subject field and the new address in the body of the email along with your name and order number. Note: We can only change the address, we can not change the name of the person the order is shipped to.
To assure that your request will be received on time, we advise that you send us your request on the same day you placed your order.
- Do you ship to PO or APO address?
We use US Postal Service to ship PO and APO addresses simply because UPS does not deliver to po boxes. You will still receive a tracking number for your order and you can track your package at www.usps.com. Note: USPS does not update their tracking information very regularly. Please be patient. From our experience, USPS is very reliable.
- How long does it take to receive my order?
From time of purchase, orders are typically shipped within 3-5 business days of your completed transaction. You will receive shipping and tracking information via email. The OBEY GIANT Shipping Dept is not open on Saturdays and Sundays.
- How do I calculate my shipping charges?
You can see the shipping charges before you submit final payment. Select the items you want to purchase in our store. Click the PayPal button. Log into PayPal, and review your payment method, shipping address and contact information. Select “Continue” and you will be directed back to our site for final order review. Once you are back to our site you will see the shipping charges before your credit card has been charged.
Street Art 101
- How do you make Wheat Paste?
1) Purchase wallpaper paste at local hardware store.
2) Mix paste with water stirring continuously in a 5 gallon bucket (not too thick, not too thin)
3) Apply paste to surface using paste brush or small janitor broom (smooth surfaces work best)
4) Place poster on surface and brush right over it
5) Smooth out any air bubbles or wrinkles. Jet.
6) Get tech and use a telescopic extension pole (brooms use screw in attachments like rollers)
7) Failure to obey local ordinances may result in prosecution (the powers that be do not approve of you subverting the dominant paradigm)
Paste at your own risk!
Copyright© 1989 - 2010. All Rights Reserved.