Check out this great video showing just how long we’ve all been fighting for fair tax rates (and what the GOP’s favorite hero even said about it). And if you like it and pass it on to a few friends, even better!
Two Misfits Records artists join forces performing together in a super-charged new school homage to the old school, as JuiceheaD & Osaka Popstar team to debut an all-new cover version of Fugazi’s classic punk anthem “Waiting Room”! Produced by longtime Misfits and Ramones collaborator John Cafiero (Osaka Popstar).
Features front and back sleeve art created specifically for this release by world-renowned visual artist Shepard Fairey (OBEY GIANT ART/ Studio Number One), in a nod to his punk-rock inspired, graffiti-driven, street-art roots.
The special Ltd. Edition Record Store Day Exclusive 7-inch pressing includes the dynamic new rendition of “Waiting Room” performed by JuiceheaD X Osaka Popstar on Side A, with an exclusive etched B-side showcasing the iconic Shepard Fairey sleeve art on black vinyl. 1-in-10 chance at a red etched vinyl variant. Includes free digital download card with MP3s of the new JH X OP “Waiting Room” single, plus an extended “Time Bomb Remix” of the track. Only 1,000 etched copies pressed worldwide. Available at participating locations everywhere on Record Store Day, Saturday April 21, 2012.
Digital download available online worldwide via iTunes, Amazon and more: Tues. April 24th. You can preview the JuiceheaD X Osaka Popstar “Waiting Room” cover in streaming audio now at RollingStone.com.
Pick up the exclusive JH X OP “Waiting Room” Record Store Day 7-inch at Looney Tunes Records on Sat. April 21st, and you’ll receive a wristband that gets you in to the 1pm Osaka Popstar & JuiceheaD instore signing! John Cafiero (Osaka Popstar) & Rob Vannice (JuiceheaD) will appear for a signing at Looney Tunes Records (31 Brookvale Ave. West Babylon, NY 11704, 631 587 7722, from 1-2 pm on Record Store Day, Sat. April 21st signing copies of the new “Waiting Room” single, prior JuiceheaD and Osaka Popstar releases, and any other applicable stuff fans might bring along. For those who bring a copy of “Commando: the Autobiography of Johnny Ramone”, John Cafiero (who edited the book and contributed an afterword), will gladly sign those too.
There will be a limited number of “Waiting Room” 7-inches available so get there early!
Exclusive Ltd. Ed 18” x 24” autographed screen-print of the sleeve art signed by Shepard Fairey, Casey Ryder (Studio Number One), John Cafiero (Osaka Popstar), and Rob Vannice (JuiceheaD) available at select record shops and Misfits Records online store. Pick up a print and pre-order the EP from the Misfits Records or Osaka Popstar online shops , and you’ll get free MP3 downloads (on 4/24) of the JH X OP “Waiting Room” single, plus the “Time Bomb Remix” of Waiting Room + 3 additional remixes.
Click for more
I made a mural of Patti Smith in the lobby of the CAC when my museum survey show went to Cincinnati in 2010. The mural is still up and it turns out that Patti Smith herself will be doing an art show at the CAC. This serendipity inspired a print release of the Patti Smith image to raise funds for the CAC. Only 100 are available on my site, but if you are in Cincinnati you can pick up the print at the CAC. If you don’t know Patti Smith’s music and writing… check that out too!-Shepard
100 prints will be released at a random time on 4/12/2012 here. $45. Limit 1 per person/household.
Click for more
1. Koch Industries, which the brothers own, is one of the top ten polluters in the United States — which perhaps explains why the Kochs have given $60 million to climate denial groups between 1997 and 2010.
2. The Kochs are the oil and gas industry’s biggest donors to the congressional committee with oversight of the hazardous Keystone XL oil pipeline. They and their employees gave more than $300,000 to members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee in 2010 alone.
3. From 1998-2008, Koch-controlled foundations gave more than $196 million to organizations that favor polices that would financially enrich the two brothers. In addition, Koch Industries spent $50 million on lobbying and some $8 million in PAC contributions.
4. The Koch fortune has its origins in engineering contracts with Joseph Stalin’s Soviet Union.
5. The Kochs are suing to take over the Cato Institute, which has accused the Kochs of attempting to destroy the group’s identity as an independent, libertarian think and align it more closely with a partisan agenda.
6. A Huffington Post source who was at a three-day retreat of conservative billionaires said the Koch brothers pledged to donate $60 million to defeat President Obama in 2012 and produce pledges of $40 million more from others at the retreat.
8. Koch Industries has an annual production capacity of 2.2 billion pounds of the carcinogen formaldehyde. The company has worked to keep it from being classified as a carcinogen even though David Koch is a prostate cancer survivor.
9. The Koch brothers’ combined fortune of roughly $50 billion is exceeded only by that of Bill Gates in the United States.
10. The Senate Select Committee on Indian Affairs accused Koch Oil of scheming to steal $31 million of crude oil from Native Americans. Although the company claimed it was accidental, a former executive in this operation said Charles Koch had known about it and had responded to the overages by saying, “I want my fair share, and that’s all of it.”
That last quote — “I want my fair share, and that’s all of it” — encapsulates the unbridled greed driving the Kochs’ political activism and business dealings. Democracy cannot thrive with so much power being in the hands of men like this. If we care about democracy, we have to work to take it back.
Co-authored by Jesse Lava and Robert Greenwald
There have been jubilant scenes outside the headquarters of Burma’s National League for Democracy after the party declared its leader, Aung San Suu Kyi, has won a parliamentary seat in byelections. It is a milestone for the Nobel laureate who has spent much of the past 20 years under house arrest, barred from involvement in the nation’s politics. ~The Guardian (UK)
Click for more
Yesterday we had the World Premiere of our Koch Brothers Exposed documentary in New York City just a few miles from one of the Kochs many homes. Instead of keeping this film in theaters, we are making it available immediately on DVD with an Action Guide so that you can watch with family and friends then do something to make a difference.
Get the DVD now featuring expert interviews, investigative exposés, and extras about what these billionaire brothers are doing to our democracy. After you get the DVD please download the Action Guide which we have created with our partners Greenpeace, Campaign for America’s Future, NAACP, Democracy for America and Advancement Project.
We are up against a mega-rich foe with an elitist attitude. Charles Koch is credited as saying, “I just want my fair share, and that’s all of it”. We need your help to combat these billionaires actions. Sign up to hold a House Screening or go to the Screening page to attend one in your neighborhood. After watching, we encourage you to discuss the film with your family and friends then look through the Action Guide to decide on which actions you can agree to do. With your help we can start to reverse the damage that has been done.
Thank you for being a part of this movement. Together we can make sure that the 1% is not controlling our democracy.
Click for more
I’ve liked The Black Keys since I first heard them several years ago. I’ve become an even bigger fan of the band since they released their latest 2 records…”Brothers” and “El Camino”, both of which are instant classics. I have always loved Classic Rock, Garage, Punk and Glam, genres that The Black Keys filter through their own sensibilities in an incredibly infectious way. It was a great honor for me to get to make these two posters for their Madison Square Garden shows. I look forward to seeing them at Coachella next month.
Are you the biggest Black Keys fan? Well here’s a chance for you to own a piece of The Black Keys history! We’re looking for The Black Keys fan with the OLDEST ticket stubs! Think you have the oldest stub? What are you waiting for? Tweet us a picture of yourself holding your stub and be entered to win a dually signed print by both Dan, Pat and Shepard!
MUST include hashtag #OBEYBlackkeys HURRY – contest ends April 3, 2012 – 5pm PST. Winner will be announced on April 6th via OBEY GIANT Facebook and Twitter.
Click for more
Tomorrow’s print release will occur at two separate times during the day. Once in the morning between 10am and 12noon and once in the late afternoon between 3 and 5. All times are Pacific Standard Time. Good Luck!